Learn iOS App development with advanced Apple technology and developer-centric tools.
● Loaded with core developer tools, including SwiftUI, Xcode, and CoreML.
● Covers app architecture, design patterns, and mobile hardware use in app development.
● Numerous examples covering database, GPS, image recognition, and ML.
This book is a step-by-step, hands-on guide for Apple developers to build iOS apps using Swift programming with minimal effort. This book will help develop the knowledge and skills necessary to program Apple applications independently. This book introduces you to Swift, SwiftUI, MapKit, Xcode, and Core ML and guides you through the process of creating a strong, marketable iOS application.
The book begins with the fundamentals of Swift, which will serve as the foundation for future app development. This book will help readers to develop user interfaces for iOS applications, using SwiftUI and Interface Builder, as well as the code for views, view controllers, and data managers. The book teaches how to use Core Data and SQLite to store databases. It will help you work with Apple technologies and frameworks, including Core Location and MapKit for GPS tracking, Camera and Photo Library for image storage, Core ML for machine learning, and implementations of artificial intelligence solutions.
By the end of this book, you will have developed a solid foundation for writing Swift apps, utilizing best practices in architecture, and publishing them to the app store. The book successfully introduces you to the entire iOS application development journey in a manageable manner and instills an understanding of Apple apps.
What you will learn
● Develop practical skills in Swift programming, Xcode, and SwiftUI.
● Learn to work around the database, file handling, and networking while building apps.
● Utilize the capabilities of mobile hardware to include sound, images, and videos.
● Bring machine learning capabilities using the Core ML framework.
● Integrate features such as App Gestures and Core Location into iOS applications.
● Utilize mobile design patterns and maintain a clean coding style.
Who this book is for
This book is ideal for beginners in programming, students, and professionals interested in learning how to program in iOS, use various developer tools, and create Apple apps. Working knowledge of any programming language is an advantage but not required.
Table of Contents
1. Getting Started with Xcode
2. Swift Fundamentals
3. Classes, Struct, and Enumerations
4. Protocols, Extensions, and Error Handling
5. TabBar, TableView, and CollectionView
6. User Interface Design with SwiftUI
7. Database with SQLite and Core Data
8. File Handling in iOS
9. App Gesture Recognizers in iOS
10. Core Location with MapKit
11. Camera And Photo Library
12. Machine Learning with Core ML
13. Networking in iOS Apps
14. Mobile App Patterns and Architectures
15. Publish iOS App on App Store
Demand for iOS developers is on the rise, thanks to the estimated 1.3 billion active Apple devices running that OS. This ebook looks at the programming languages, skills, and resources that will help you launch a career in iOS development.
From the ebook:
As more companies adopt a mobile-first approach, iOS developers who build apps for Apple devices are in high demand, with talent shortages leading to large salaries for many of those in the field. Developers who know the necessary programming languages and have additional skills can create apps that enterprises and consumers use every day to make their lives more productive.
To help those interested in the field better understand how to break into a career in mobile development, we compiled the most important details and resources.
What does an iOS developer do?
An iOS developer builds, tests, and refines applications for mobile devices that use Apple’s iOS operating system that are consistent with the goals and standards of their company or client. They need to have a strong understanding of iOS and how it works with different Apple devices, such as the iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and Apple TV, and be able to adapt their applications to their firm’s or client’s requirements.
Why is there increased demand for iOS developers?
While Android holds more of a global market share, Apple now has 1.3 billion active devices—all of which run on iOS. Therefore, demand for iOS developers who can create apps for these devices that are sold in the Apple App Store has exploded in recent years. The App Store is predicted to reach 5 million apps by 2020, according to a Sensor Tower report.
Mobile developers are among the top 10 most in-demand and hardest to fill tech jobs, according to data from Indeed. The US Bureau of Labor and Statistics predicts that application developer jobs will grow 31% between 2016 and 2026.